Saturday, January 2, 2021

Be Yourself this Year

 In case any of you didn't receive any wishes yesterday, or the day before here goes--Happy New Year!!!! 2021 just has to be better than 2020 was, am I right or am I right? (Maybe I should make one of my new year's resolutions looking on the bright side more...because life never really is all that bad (if you would like to read some more of my perspective on that, go here to read the dazzlingly bright perspective that I put up on Facebook) (I will become more humble.)) Anyway, no matter how 2020 happened to go for anyone of y'all, resolutions, or rather, monthly goals are a good way to always keep your eyesight glancing forward in an ever-darkening world. They can be anything. In fact, in the daily notes that I keep at my desk this morning, it held a simple reminder to exercise (possibly with a partner to keep you going), that reminded me that I had yet to make these personal goals. It may be January 2nd, but better late than never. 


1) 30 days of yoga- Okay, I admit that this particular goal might be a bit of an old hat, but I suggest this goal to anyone and everyone, even if you happen to suppose that you don't need it. I made this goal sometime last year too, and I discovered that my body needed to chill (that is one way to say relax) more than I had previously supposed. The type of yoga or yoga workouts that I do can be found on YouTube on the channel called YogaWithAdriene (I might have already started this one yesterday, this morning on a precise day that she puts out new videos on how to find your zen or namaste). Since there is someone else out there, on my team, persay, she is currently putting out videos in a particular series called "Breath" I encourage anyone to join me on that journey, because I am learning very quickly that I can learn a thing or two about that certain activity that brings me a life that I didn't know before (don't know unless you try). Maybe I am just a yogi, like Adriene in my dreams (curiously tight body) (look at my last post), but I also know that I am not alone by a group that I recently joined full of people just like me, wanting to relax, but not sure where to start. Also, I add, that by cause of the quarantine, this group is in fact virtual it is an app, called FWG Kula (if you happen to be as in need of relaxation as I am). I don't wish to sell myself short at all by setting this goal, yoga is already a regular part of my life, or at least I try to make it. Everyone must learn how to relax and this is one of the ways that I do (including weekly massages from Jeff) (hi Jeff!), though it is awfully easy to forget, or maybe I hit the alarm in my life way too much and thereby, allow myself to become stressed. If I set a goal, I find important, vital activities easier to accomplish (why I tell you about it, reader; I trust that you will keep me in check-deal?). So, here goes. (Also, this is called "doggie yoga".)


2) Explore two new places-I don't know exactly why, but ever since I moved over to Rexburg for a bit, I have found myself exploring new places which I haven't traversed to before, like Craters of the Moon (little place that is here on earth), or maybe it was a lifelong deal. Ever since I was young, watching and learning bits and pieces of my primary Spanish education from Dora the Explorer and her friend, Boots. In fact, ever since I don't know how long I don't know, my Uncle Will, on my mother's side has been on trips around the world (taking sometimes his nieces and/or nephews with him). I have been to the pyramid of Sun and Moon in Teotihuacan, Mexico City, Mexico with my parents because of him. (Mexico City is one of the largest cities in the world and I was so hot that close to the equator and have very fair skin (not always a good thing), but I would go again if money weren't an object...) Yes, though it would be awful nice to travel above and beyond all my dreams of the world, a few things make that a bit difficult, like the price, plus the fact that we are all currently in quarantine. That is why I mentioned places like Craters of the Moon near the beginning of this item on the list, there are probably places in my hometown that I have never heard of too...Do you guys have any suggestions? I need something to inspire. (I currently live in Loveland, CO, in Northern Colorado, if you wish for a wider expanse.) It is only the world that is at my feet. 


3) Start a capsule wardrobe-What is a capsule wardrobe? For those of you out there that remain with this inquiry, allow me to enlighten you. A capsule wardrobe is a common (or uncommon...I guess I am in the dark a bit too) practice of editing your wardrobe down to your favorite clothes (clothes that fit your body and lifestyle right now), remixing them regularly, and shopping less often (making your eyes smaller in stores) and more intentionally. It is a type of shopping that reminds me of shopping with my mother when I was younger. She always brought a list. I do the same thing whenever I happen to go grocery shopping for myself, but I could learn a thing or two when I am simply on a spree. I went to the store today with no list, trusting my memory alone, forgetting that there was such thing as Amazon Prime (I'm about overdue for a free item) (overdue, like a library--get it?), wait, I was talking about clothing, wasn't I? (Speaking of sprees.) I need to get into the habit of looking over everything, clothes and the like, to get something of a capsule wardrobe started and not buy things that I honestly don't actually need. I think I can do that.



4) Go to at least one movie with friend(s) this month-Though the complete quarantine complaints are for a different post than this, you don't want to get me going, I will admit that I am suffering or have suffered a bit from cabin fever in the time since that they told me that I couldn't do anything or go anywhere (these blog posts do help a bit, but I can't tell you're reading as I sit there typing before my lonely computer--before I draw out on sorrowful thoughts more than is needed, because it still is a great life, thank you). Recently though, the movie theater was opened again, and this is a double positive for me since I love going to the movies and my furlough was able to end since that is where I work currently. Also, first things first, there are always good movies that are coming, or already have come out during this part of the year. If you happen to be in NoCo and need a movie, tell me about it. I would be happy to bring a friend (also, the theater could be my idea for where my next book club meeting to be at...if any of my mates happen to be reading this) (I know it is an oxymoron, but movies tell a story in the same way that books do (just whole lot more visual...let me get back to you on that comparison)). I need the reminder that I have more than one or two friends in the mass of this Colorado Quarantine (all jokes aside), same as everyone else. Although, we are in quarantine, strictly speaking (I am honest), we did recently open some places like movie theaters as long as the customer brings a mask to wear when they are out in the open (anywhere), and not eating something that we still provide and sell like popcorn. So, friend, how about a movie? (You can respond to this post or otherwise please if you happen to know exactly how to contact me.) Afterall, "all the world's a stage" (or theater) as our friend, William Shakespeare put it in his play, As You Like It.  (And I also offer that the movie that we watch doesn't have to be this scary...)



5) Try one new baking recipe-As you most likely well-know, I love baking shows. They may not be football games, but they still have a competition of sorts...and who knows? They are inspiring to me, personally. Though I don't make mocks of what I may see on their tables that often, I do know that someday I will have to bake for myself all the time, so I need to learn how to prep and bake some items that are not cookies or make my stomach growl in that way. I want to progress my baking knowledge all the way...perhaps not to one of the competitive baking show's table, but I must learn how to bake all dishes for my future family (I'm not always dreaming on cloud 9), whether it is the lasagna that I used to make in Young Women's (though I fear it has been too long) (thank goodness for written recipes!), chicken noodle soup in the winter (I am currently cold, so it is on the mind), or perhaps even the holiday feasts intended for extended family too. I have my arrow aimed and I am just about ready to let go of my strand, ever the optimistic. I only need a little bit more help. Though the house I live in has a plentiful cookbook in the kitchen, I am still wondering. Do you happen to have any recipes which you think I should try, should you be so bold as to suggest them to me? 😉 Would you please do it in some format of reply to this particular post if you do have them. I sure would be appreciative. To top this off, I would like to post something that made me laugh-


Along with some recipes...





That will just about make up my goals for January this year. What do you think of them? (Mocks, insults, I'm up for anything if we may be of differing perspectives.) Or maybe if you would like to go deeper, what are some of your goals? If you would be willing to share, I would love to hear them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a friendly conversation here at OpinionDominion#1 :-) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make an effort to reply to your comments here.

Life IS a Poem!

It is time for it to be said. Life could very well be a poem. Sometimes it is somewhat musical, like William Shakespeare's works. Someti...